Friday, January 01, 2010

I'd like to introduce ....

Etta... the traveling meerkat! I participate in the etsy treasury team on etsy and one of our members... Heather of NiftyKnits has sent 2 of her knitted meerkats on a World Tour!

We were honored to host Etta back in early December! My youngest was the most excited for her arrival in the mail and promptly demanded that Etta come visit him at school!

Etta and I headed off in the car... I thought it would be a good time to start her driving lessons as we were driving to NYC together the following week and I needed a trustworthy co-pilot!

001

003

When we arrived Leo was already in the cafeteria... he was so excited to see Etta!

006

Etta checked out her first american tacos!

007

then got a kiss from Sharon ... head of food services

008

leo introduced Etta to his friends and showed her around the cafeteria

etta

then Etta got to stay for lunch with Leo's big sister Eily!

012

stay tuned for Etta adventures to the Big Apple tomorrow!

4 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

oh my goodness - Leo's face is a classic expression of excitement! I'm so glad Etta made such a hit, it looks like everyone is having a fabulous time. Are you *allowed* to have that much fun at school?

Waterrose said...

I bet the postage sending Etta after that feast was astronomical! LOL Looks like a lot of fun.

Jane Carlstrom said...

How fun to see Etta with her NY host family. Looks as though all are having much fun. wonderful smiles.

Fledgling said...

Whoa. Where was that photo taken? And what shirt is that? And why are Anna's eyes...blue...?? Oh. That's not my Anna. 'Corse not. Not my blog. Yeah...Time to stop blog bouncing and get a good look at my girl in person...

Freaked me out: Eily could be my girl's doppelgänger in that photo.

Man, you Etsy folks have a ton a fun, don'tcha?

Happy New Year, dear Kristen.

XO -N.